Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'M BACK!

Hello hello,

I've been a terribly negligent blogger! As I said in September, this year is a challenge! LOTS has happened in my classroom and I feel like we are running in place. Sighhh. The first trimester is almost over and I can't believe we made it! I have BIG plans for the rest of the year...So stay tuned.

Updates on my life as an educator:

A friend of mine from college talked me into opening a TpT store, and I'm so glad I did. I decided to go with the free membership, which allows me to keep only part of the sales money, but I'm still raking in some bucks! The things I make I would use in my classroom anyway, so I might as well share the love. Check out my page and help me buy Christmas presents! hehehe... Here's my page: Melissa's TpT Store
I also must give you a link to my friend's page. She is incredible. Check her out and buy some of her amazing work!! Mrs. D's TpT Store

I recently made a comment on the Simple Solution's pinterest pin about their Common Core aligned math book. If you aren't familiar with Simple Solutions, talk to your math/curriculum director and get it! I've never been a fan of workbooks, and I use them minimally in the classroom, EXCEPT for SS! I LOVE IT. Each "lesson" is a review of math skills and concepts that the students have already learned in earlier grades or earlier in the year. There are 15-20 questions each day. I have the kids do it for homework each night. There are also quizzes that I give each Friday (average them into a test grade), based on the skills covered that week. It is a FANTASTIC way to spiral the curriculum even if your district/school doesn't do that already. (We don't. sadface.) Plus, there are a wide range of questions and the kids don't mind doing it. A former student of mine even said "This isn't math! It's Simple Solutions!" :) ANYWAY, I asked about when the CC aligned program will be out (can't wait to use it next year) and SS is SO awesome that they wrote a whole blog post for me and had their graphic people make my kids a math worksheet AND a smart board file! Here is a link to the post. Third Grade is a HOOT!   I feel famous now :)

We have of course been celebrating the holidays in my classroom with some cute artwork. 

Always looking for some good Christmas crafts. If you have any ideas, send them my way!

That's all for now. Off to do some grad school work. I leave you with a picture of my sister and I... she was married on November 10th! :) yay meggie and eddie! :)




Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment