Saturday, December 1, 2012

Elf on a Shelf



Merry Christmas!

Ok, I know it's 25 days away, but I'm getting into the spirit pretty early this year. I saw an ad in Scholastic Instructor magazine that northpoleplayground.com was giving away 500 free Elf on the Shelf sets to teachers. I'm actually quite lucky, so I wasn't surpised when I got mine in the mail! BTW- northpoleplayground.com is the Teacher Resource Center for Elf on the Shelf. I thought my kids might be  too old for it - but I was wrong! He arrived yesterday morning and was sitting atop our SmartBoard! I forgot to take a picture, but it he ever climbs up there agian, I'll get a pic ;)

He left a special message on the board, even crossing out part of our morning work (the kids are designing their own business' for our communities unit)...

After the kids went to their special, the elf decided he wanted to give a go at the coloring page! 

He didn't move while we were at lunch (lazy elf!)... The kids are looking forward to where he will be on Monday!

Of course we gave him a name, by voting on our favorite. Our Elf's name is Buddy! Which I found out is the most popular Elf name. Go figure.
Top 10 Elf Names
The next three weeks of school should certainly be interesting!! :)

Happy Weekend!

Melissa


Pin It

2 comments:

Mary Crane said...

I like your blog, Melissa!

Heather's Heart said...

I love hearing that your 3rd graders still love having an elf in the classroom! We've had an elf named Jingles before! =)

I am happy to be your newest...and FIRST follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment