Thursday, August 16, 2012

Refurbishing!

Hey there!

The long shelf that I am using this year for my book baskets wasn't very attractive (until today!!). The past two years I've had it behind my desk holding papers, cleaning supplies, etc., so it didn't need to be all that nice looking. I decided that since I was going to use it as an inviting classroom library for the kiddos, then it should look pretty! I've been reading about modge podge but I don't like anything complicated, so I bought adhesive shelf liner at Target ($5.50!!), and I completely changed the look of the ugly shelf!

Check it out! 
Before:


After:

It was so easy to apply, you can re-position it if you mess up, and it will be easy to wipe clean with Lysol wipes after the kids get their hands on it!

I got all my books out and got up my faux bulletin board paper and border too.
I'm really excited for how it turned out! :)



ps: book baskets available at the Dollar Tree! :)


Pin It

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Might have to go to Target now to fix up my ugly bookcases! Blog looks great! :)

Post a Comment