Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Setting Up!

Hello!

Today was my first day of setting up for the coming school year. For the past two years, I've pretty much had the furniture arranged the same way, but I wanted something completely new this year! I'm getting a SmartBoard installed, and I got some awesome easels and dry erase board so I'm planning on doing a lot more teaching from the carpet.

I didn't get all that far, but considering at the end of the year we have to pack up EVERYTHING, clear the walls (we can just cover bulletin boards), and move all the furniture to one side of the room (ourselves, btw), I had a lot to move today! They move all the furniture out and wax the floors so that's why. I wish we had wall to wall carpeting!

Tentatively, I have 28 students this year (whoa), so I have 4 groups of 5 and 2 groups of 4.

             Here is the view from the front door..My desk is in the back left corner, library to the right...

View from my desk, looking at the front door...The smartboard is going where that X is on the board.


Small group instruction table..

Carpet area! A much bigger space than last year. Amazing how a little rearranging makes such a difference! Still have to unpack, sort and separate my books into their baskets! And I can turn my chair and easels around to use at the small group table.

But clearly, I still have a lot of packing and decorating to do!! Plan on covering most of the blackboard with backing paper and making faux bulletin boards too.
Where do I start?!? Three weeks til the kids arrive!

More pictures to come when everything is set up and pretty!! 

:) melissa










Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment